Friday, July 23, 2010

The Evolution of a 2nd Degree Burn

I was baking for our Civic Engagement fundraiser on Friday.  When I was taking the baking sheet out of the oven, my cat came up behind me and freaked me out and the baking sheet hit my arm.  I have never been in pain like that before.  No amount of cold water or tylenol could make it go away.

So here's the evolution of my burn...starting from right after it happened.

Day 1 (right after it happened) - July 16:


Day 2 - July 17:

Day 4 - July 19:

Day 6 - July 21:

Day 7 (update w/out pics) - July 22:
All of the skin finally pealed off, and now it's in its final stages of healing.  There's a few sections that were burnt deeper than the others, but for the most part it's almost fully healed.  Most of the pain is gone, and I couldn't be much happier about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment