Saturday, December 31, 2011

Looking Back at 2011

Do you need a new year to make changes to your life? No. But I think the new year is a good time to start new things and break old habits. That's why I make resolutions. I've been doing it since high school. At th beginning of the year I make a list of things I want to accomplish, and I don't look at that list until the end of the year.

I just looked back at my resolutions for 2011, and even though I didn't accomplish everything on that list, I did accomplish a lot. It's interesting to see how much my priorities have changed since the beginning of the year.

Here's my list for 2011, and in bold are the things I accomplished:
1. Lose 10-15 pounds and do it in a healthy way
2. Make a final decision on graduate school (technically I can't make a final decision until I'm accepted, but I did narrow it down)
3. Donate blood more often
4. End every semester with at least a 3.5 GPA
5. Drink at least 6 cups of water a day (ideally 8)
6. Cut back on fast food to 2 times a month
7.Stick to a daily skin care regimen
8. Floss at least every other day

9. Exercise at least 3 times a week
10. Try new foods
11. Budget money every month
12. Cut down on how much I spend
13. Write every day (even if it's just a little)
14. Continue my Project 365 even after Day 365
15. Update my blogs more often
16. Drink responsibly (I had to add it in there)
17. Find (and start) an internship
18. Expand my music collection
19. Change the way I view my body & health
20. Throw away things I don't need anymore
21. Stop biting my nails


Stay tuned for posts about 2011 in review and my giant resolution for 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment