Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Rest in Peace Waterproof Camera

My waterproof digital camera has met its match.  My waterproof camera got water damaged.  I got one of the first models of waterproof cameras Olympus made.  When I bought it, many of the reviews said they weren't made that well.  The battery didn't last long, the card door didn't remain closed, and it took semi-decent pictures.  Up until yesterday, the reviews were right about everything except for the card door not staying closed.  Every time I used the camera in water, I opened the card door then closed it again to make sure it was sealed.  Once I heard the click, I knew it was okay to take it in water.  I did this yesterday and heard the click, so I thought I was good to go.  Apparently not.

I am now without a digital camera, and I feel so lost.  Sure, I still have my Nikon D40 (which I love to death), but it's not portable and compact.  I take pictures of EVERYTHING (my friends make fun of me for this), and I won't be able to do this unless I lug around my Nikon.

Now Olympus has made even better waterproof digital cameras for the same price that I bought mine.  Unfortunately, I don't have the money to buy one.  I've been looking and applying for jobs non-stop since I got out of school, but I haven't had a single interview yet.  I want a job mostly because it will give me something to do, but also because it will give me some extra cash that I desperately need.  My grandparents always say I can come to them for money, but $250 is way too much money to ask for.

I know this is really lame, but my camera breaking has seriously ruined my week.  I love photography and not having one of my cameras makes me feel like I've lost part of myself.  It makes me sound so materialistic, but my cameras are so important to me.  This really, really sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment