Friday, March 26, 2010

I....what? I WON!!!!!!

Today was one of the most nerve-wracking days of my life.  Student Government elections were read at Spirit Day, in front of HUNDREDS of students. Come on.  Who wouldn't be nervous?

The results were read by college from highest amount of votes to lowest.  I knew that I'd either be the 3rd name read or my name wouldn't get called at all.  That made things even worse.

As Casey said, "your Senators for the College of Education are..." I started to cry.  And when I heard Megan & Kelsey's names read, I started to cry more.  It was this or not at all.

And then I heard my name.  It was one of the most surreal feelings in the world.  I, Christina B., got elected by the student body of FGCU as a Senator.  I thought this day would never come.

The best part about it was being surrounded by other members of the Unite party and the people who have supported me on this crazy journey.  And their excitement when I won made it even more exciting for me.  I couldn't have asked for a better group of friends or a better way to end these past two weeks.

Oh, and I can't forget that PETER & KIM WON!!!!!  31 out of 34 of our Senatorial Candidates got elected, and the Peter & Kim got elected as President & VP.  Such a sweet victory.

I cannot begin to express how thankful I am for everyone who voted for me.  940 votes.  That's 200 more than last year.  I am so excited to continue to represent the students of FGCU.  Again, thank you to everyone who voted for me.  You have absolutely no idea how much this means to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment