Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Night is Always Darkest Before the Dawn


I've always known the title of this blog to be true. I never used to believe that there was a light at the end of the tunnel. I believed that the tunnel was simply dark, and it was our jobs as humans to find our ways through it. I thought that we were meant to find a way to make the darkness work. But I don't believe that anymore. Whenever I'm feeling down and things just aren't going my way, I just remind myself that the night is always darkest before the dawn. That things will get better. That (for me) time, friends, and writing will heal all.

Back in December, finals week nearly killed me. But my birthday healed it all. The next week my grandmother was admitted to the hospital after her kidneys started failing and her cancer spread. She stayed there for 3 weeks. But the thought of going back to FGCU and seeing my friends and sisters healed all. And last night, when everything started falling apart, time, writing, and a few friends healed all.

I am thankful that no matter how dark my life gets, there is always a dawn. And even if it takes forever to come, I know it will happen...because I hope. I know that there are better days ahead. I know that no matter where I am in life, it is not the end of my journey. I'm constantly reminded that my life matters, and my story matters too.

No comments:

Post a Comment