Friday, August 10, 2012

A Very Public Love Letter


Alex,

Six months ago tomorrow we went on our first date (well, our first date that I actually knew was a date).  So many incredible things have happened since then, and I’m grateful for every second that I’ve been able to spend with you.

We’ve had our ups and we’ve certainly had our downs, but no amount of bad times could change how I feel about you.  We’ve both said some things we regret, but at the end of the day, it’s all about forgiving each other and moving forward.  It’s easy to forgive someone when you’re in love.

From day one you’ve made me feel special, wanted, and loved.  No one has ever made me feel the way you make me feel.  You remind me, in your own ways, that I’m important to you.  That I matter to you.  That I’m the only girl you want to be with.  Today, tomorrow, and forever.

I could look my worst and you tell me that I’m beautiful.  I could be having the worst possible day and you still find a way to make me smile and laugh.  I could be crying my eyes out in the bathroom and you push open the door and hug me until I stop.  It’s the little things that mean the most, Alex.  You make my day brighter every single day.

I’m not an expert on relationships, and I can’t say I’ve been in love many times before.  But with you I just know.  I know that I’m in love with you.  I know it because your flaws and your weaknesses are beautiful to me.  I know it because of how you make me feel.  And I know it because I can’t always describe how I’m feeling.  I just know that I’m better because of you.  I know that I want to wake up every morning and make you proud.  I know that I want to be a better person.  I know all of this because of you.

You’ve stuck by me when no one else has, and you try to understand me even when I’m impossible to understand.  I don’t know why you’ve stuck around sometimes, but it means the world to me that you have.

You make me so proud every single day.  The passion and drive you have for work is amazing to me.  Even though it keeps us apart sometimes, I couldn’t be more proud of you.  You have the biggest heart and you love your family and friends with everything you have.  I’m a lucky girl to have part of your heart.

Moving to Alabama is bittersweet.  I’m excited for this change, but I’m sad because I have to leave you.  I wish you could come with me, but that’s just not possible.  But one thing is certain – if we can make it through this, we can make it through anything.

My promise to you is simple: when I’m done with my master’s degree, I will come back to Southwest Florida to be with you.  Then I’ll take you home, love you forever, and never leave.

I’m not sure about many things in my life, but for six months I’ve been certain about one thing: you.

I love you with all of my heart, and I’m excited to see what crazy adventures we take together over the next six months.

You’re not just my boyfriend, you’re my best friend.  I love you, Alex.  Forever and always.

xoxo Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment