Monday, August 20, 2012

Alabama Thunderstorms

Alabama thunderstorms.  They're nothing like the storms we get in Florida.  Alabama storms are vicious.  The rain is heavy and it's cold.  The thunder doesn't crack like it does in Florida.  It's more of a constant boom.  But the lightning is similar - it flashes, it cracks, then it's gone.

Being a Florida girl, I'm used to rain...but Florida has nothing on this.  During Alabama storms, I stare outside and wonder how it's not a hurricane.  I can't see a thing, but when I get close enough, I can see the lights flying all over the place.  Mostly, I just lay in bed hoping it will just end.  I close my eyes and hope I wake up to sunshine.

The one thing I will say is that after the crazy, scary storms there's sunshine.  The sun comes out and you can breathe again.

I guess I can relate.  Right now, my life is an Alabama thunderstorm.  It's vicious, intense, heavy, and booming.  But soon there will be sunshine and everything will be okay.

I just have to keep reminding myself of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment