Friday, November 18, 2011

Why I Hate Christmas Music

Okay, so before you call me Scrooge or some other terrible name, you should know that I don't actually hate Christmas music itself.  I hate Christmas music when it's played out of season.

We all know that stores put out holiday decorations a little too soon.  For example, Halloween decorations are out at the beginning of September, and Christmas decorations are out the day after Halloween.

This in itself bugs the heck out of me, but what bothers me more is when Christmas music is played out of season.  So what's season you ask?  Black Friday to the end of December.

The other day I was in Bath and Body Works and they were playing Christmas music.  I couldn't stand it.  I had to leave.  All I could think was, "It's not even Thanksgiving yet!!  You're playing Christmas music and your fall scents are already on clearance."  Maybe it's just me, but I have a huge problem with that picture.

Justin Bieber released his Christmas album last month and Glee just released their Christmas album on Tuesday.  I'm sorry, but Christmas isn't until December 25th.

I guess it bothers me so much because we're practically skipping over Thanksgiving.  I know there are no Thanksgiving albums out there, but it's the fact of the matter.  Thanksgiving deserves to have it's time.  And the day after Thanksgiving, we can all begin to focus on Christmas.

Since people usually forget my birthday because of Christmas, I know what it's like to be Thanksgiving. I know what it's like to be forgotten about for something "more important."

On the bright side, only one more week until it's Christmas music season!

No comments:

Post a Comment