Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Two weeks until the end

Two weeks from today will be my last day at my internship.  It's an incredibly bittersweet moment, and I've never been so sad for something to end.

Four months ago, I had absolutely no idea what I wanted to do after graduation.  I still don't, but I have a better clue.  I'm more sure of myself and my future.  I have a sense of where I want to be five and ten years from now.  I can actually see myself in the field of public relations.

When I started my internship back in August, I didn't have any expectations.  I was desperate and needed an internship.  But interning at a PR agency was my dream.  Never for a second did I think it would be a reality for me.

I didn't have a typical PR internship experience.  I never wrote a press release or worked directly with the media.  I never wrote PSAs for a nonprofit or coordinated an event.  But the experience I had was unique, different, and life changing.  I wrote blogs and scheduled tweets.  I updated content schedules and Facebook pages.  I created paper.lis and

There were days where I got so mad at myself because I felt like I couldn't do a single thing right.  There were days where I wondered if I was cut out for this.  There were days when I took way too long to complete a task.  But there were days when I walked in and was told, "You did a great job."  There were days when tasks finally got accomplished.  Moments like that made it all worth it.  It made me realize that though I was nervous about the work I was doing, it was paying off.  It wasn't perfect, but people were happy.  Clients were happy.  That made me happy.

I can't even begin to list all of the things I've learned.  This internship has taught me far more than any of my classes have.  My time at Pushing the Envelope has been incredible, and I truly have nothing to complain about.

I'm going to take these next two weeks to be the best intern I can possibly be.  I'm going to push myself a little harder, work a little longer, and enjoy the time I have left with my co-workers.  The experience would not have been the same without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment