Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Workouts are fun!

These days, I wake up in the morning feeling energized. I look in the mirror and think, "today is another day to make changes. I don't look perfect, but I look good." I have never felt this way before.

I don't look how I'd like to look, but I'm getting there. When I look on the scale every week and see the numbers getting lower and lower, I feel so accomplished. I feel like I'm on the right path. I know that one day I'll look in the mirror and think, "I never thought I'd look this good. But I did it."

I said a month ago that I'd never go to the gym. Well, I've been going every single day for the past week. Some days I'll only go for 30 minutes, other days I'll go for an hour (like today). I have a ridiculously crazy schedule, between Student Government, Chi Omega (my sorority), the 5 or 6 other organizations I'm involved with, and the 5 classes that I'm taking. Life can be so overwhelming at times, but I'm starting to find ways to make time for myself.

Since my TV broke, finding time to go to the gym has been so much easier. My life doesn't revolve around the shows I love to watch (even though there's only 2 of them). When I do watch my shows they're usually online, and I watch them after I've gone to the gym and after I've done my homework. For the first time in my life, I come first.

That may not seem like a big deal, but for me it really is. My life has always been about everyone else. I try to please everyone and do things for other people. Very rarely would I do something for myself. Now, I focus on myself and what makes me happy. Other people are still important, but I make choices that will benefit myself more often. I never thought I would be happy with that, but I'm happier than I've ever been.

I actually want to go to the gym. I love going to the gym. The feeling I get when my legs are burning and sweat is dripping from my hairline is one that cannot be replaced by anything else in life. When I leave the gym, I feel accomplished and good about myself. I feel like I'm making a mark. For the first time, I'm actively working towards achieving my weight loss goals. It's happening slowly, but I can feel it happening. I have never felt this good.

No comments:

Post a Comment