Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Past & Present

I'm usually not one to dwell on the past, but two days ago (on Monday) my past collided with my present. I was at Target to pick up a few things, and I ran into friends & teachers from high school as well as classmates & professors from college. I'm happy to say that my present is so much sweeter than my past.

When I look back at high school, I feel like I missed out on a lot. My depression kind of consumed me, and I never really got a real high school experience. I didn't "find happiness" until my Senior year, and I think by then it was almost too late. I had some really great memories from my Senior year, but in general I just feel like I missed out. It never really bothered me until now.

College is incredible. It has been, by far, the most incredible year & half of my life. Granted, this year has been really rough. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. But, this year has still been amazing. I have awesome friends and truly amazing sisters, and I've been able to get so involved at FGCU. I've had great professors who have taught me so much, and I'm grateful to have had such intelligent and wonderful professors. There's never a dull moment in my life. Something is always going on, and even though I complain about being busy, I love my life. Sure, there are no football games, but who needs them when you have a life like this.

High school was great, but college is life changing. I guess the past doesn't really matter because I'm making up for it all now. This is the life I love, and I wouldn't want things any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment