Friday, August 5, 2011

New tattoo?

I got my first tattoo on May 2, 2008, and I've been dying to get another one.  But here's my thing: if I think I want a design, I wait at least 6-12 months before going to get it done.  Why?  So I know it's what I want to get.  That way there will be no regrets.

Needless to say, I have yet to get a second tattoo.  For the past 5-6 months, I've had a word stuck in my head: fearless.  Yes it's a Taylor Swift album (which I love!), but it's also been stuck in my head for another reason.

As I embark on this journey out of college and into the real world, grad school, etc., I keep telling myself that I need to be fearless.  I need to face reality and face my fears.  I need to do the things that scare me.  I need to take chances, fail, get back up, and do it all over again.

Basically, this quote from T-Swift (along with a few others) sums up how I interpret the word "fearless":
"To me, Fearless is not the absence of fear.  It's not being completely unafraid.  To me, Fearless is having fears.  Fearless is having doubts.  Lots of them.  To me, Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death."

So maybe, just maybe, the word "fearless" on my right shoulder will be my next tattoo.  The question is, which design do you like the most?  I want input.

3 comments:

  1. It's great that it will have personal meaning, and that it's timeless... Not a fad, not done on a whim... but significant in terms of where you're at right now. Cool +1 LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been waiting to get my 'fearless' tat since I was 15 im almost 18 and can get it! I love t swift and the whole fearless thing my favorite part of that song is 'in this moment now capture it remember it' :) i like the 1st or second one in your pic... the purple or pink one

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have the same tattoo, with the t. swift font(th e bottom one) on my foot and i <3 it...the tattoo artist also hand did some dif. stars around it

    ReplyDelete