Monday, January 10, 2011

Classes again?!

Today was the first day of spring 2011 classes.  (1) I can't believe it's 2011 already, and (2) I can't believe winter break is over!  I feel like it was just starting.

I've only had 3 of my 5 classes, but I'm already hopeful about this semester.  The classes are definitely going to be tough, but I feel like I'm better prepared to handle them.  I definitely want to keep up with all my work and not fall behind.  Basically, I need to stop procrastinating.  I also want to try and get ahead whenever possible.  I have the unique opportunity to get some assignments out of the way ahead of time, and I want to try to take advantage of that.  Things get really hectic at times between Chi Omega and Student Government, so if I can stay on top of things and possibly even get ahead, I think I'll be okay.

I'm really excited about most (if not all) of my classes this semester.  I'm really excited about Intro to Nature Writing because we get to go outside!!!  I used to despise nature, but since taking Colloquium, I've learned to love it.  Plus, the weather will be BEAUTIFUL since it's winter (my favorite season).  I absolutely love writing outside, and a lot of my best work happens outdoors.

I'm also taking a class called Issues in Culture & Society: Death & Dying.  Everyone keeps saying, "death and dying? that's so morbid!"  I have an odd fascination with death, so I'm excited for the class.  But after hearing the professor talk today, I'm beginning to realize the class is going to be just as much about life as it is about death.  Overall, I'm probably most excited about this class (but I'm not excited about all the reading we have to do).

As for Interracial/Intercultural Communication, I feel like it's going to be an insightful course.  From what I heard, you learn a lot about yourself and your personal views regarding culture.  You learn things that you never realized about yourself.  I feel like a lot of really interesting material is going to be presented.

Now that I've just put you to sleep with my rant about classes, I should let you know that you can expect another one tomorrow!!! So get excited for that :)


p.s. I created a tumblr account and I think you should check it out and follow it if you have a tumblr! Here's the link: http://christinability.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment